Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Bangag

So what else is new right? You forego sleep and rest for 5 nights because of work. What gets my goat is the fact that I need to ignore this thing I have called A BRAIN just to get my work accepted.

I'm editing 6 videos for a computer school which will be holding its national convention soon. Prior to that, I've edited AND COMPLETED 6 already. The reason I'm doing 6 more is the fact that according to the client:

"Walang dating ang trabaho namin"

THIS is what we gave them the first time:

Fully original material:
shot with a Panasonic 24p DVX100 - a camera that does 24-frame progressive scan (hence 24p) simulating the look of a film camera. In other words, KICK ASS FOOTAGE!!! shot by no other than Eli Balce - up and coming music video and TV director.

Soundtrack:
we used great material from Ciudad, Chillout Project, Sandwich, Barbie's Cradle and other great homegrown bands. (to support and promote local music...)

Concept:
Although not original, (it was the client's anyway) had a fresh take on it. Cheesy stories with a bit of class kuno...

All in all, not a shabby piece of work.

Then the client says.... "Wala namang kalatuy-latuy trabaho niyo... Kung ganyan na lang eh di sa mga studyante na lang namin kami na pagawa sana...

What the FART?!?

Do you know what they wanted in exchange? DO YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW?!?!?!

I'll get back to you when my pressure's stablized a bit...