Monday, January 26, 2004

it has begun...

I never thought I'd see the day.

I just mailed in my first job application.

After all that waiting, I'm nearly there.

Dang.

So here I am, browsing all sorts of jobs that I could possibly get myself into. And the more I look at it, the more I realize one thing:
Put me behind a desk and I will wither and die.

It's not that I'm picky or that I don't like desk jobs. But I need to be outdoors. I need to talk to people and connect with them. I don't think I can stand being boxed in and made to conform to a routine. Heck, I've been doing it all my life.

Some changes are long overdue, methinks.

But of course, reality sets in and you realize, one can only be so lucky to find a job like that AND get paid. So, until then I can only hope. That's the best we can do.

At least for now.