Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Saying the G-word

Today was a day of goodbyes.

My tita in Oregon, who had come home for the holidays after 10 years since she last visited, is going back to the States tomorrow morning. I hugged her so tight and wished she didn't have to go.

Exactly a year ago to this day, an uncle of mine passed away unexpectedly. He died in his sleep. His children said goodnight to him the night before and woke up to find they had lost their dad.

You can never tell when you'll be saying goodbye to someone for the last time, which is why i don't say goodbye anymore. I just tell them I'll be seeing them soon. I know it's overly dramatic, but saying goodbye just puts a finality to things that I suppose I'm not up to just yet.

That said, I'm through with morose thoughts.

For now.