Friday, December 23, 2005

On A December Daybreak

Being nearly legally blind has its advantages.

For one thing, the streets of Metro Manila don't look as crappy as it is when you don't wear your glasses.

This is what I learned when I took a ride in the car at 5:30 in the morning.

The Christmas lights from the night before where left on, and my myopic eyesight simply refused to focus making them look like bursts of lights everywhere.



Now I don't know how a junkie feels like after he gets his fix, but i did see a lotta stars that time.

And I'm not complaining.

I actually think it's something people with "normal" eyesight fail to appreciate given that that's all they see.

I, on the other hand, have been allowed to see things quite differently.

For that I guess I can say I'm sort of grateful.

Until I nearly crash into a pole.....

... but that's another story....