Friday, August 19, 2005

Friday

Today was a different day.

I made a breakfast of green pancakes.

It doesn't sound quite appetizing until I tell you that the pancakes were of that color because of the pandan added to it and that it was topped with apples baked and smothered in cinnamon. The combination of which, married with honey, is nothing short of both sinful and divine.

Immediately after breakfast, a delivery truck pulled up at our front door.

It doesn't sound quite as interesing until I tell you that the delivery man wanted to give us 100 sets of the DPC Yellow Pages- with four volumes to one set. The reason for which was that my dad, being the homeowner's association president, was the designated recepient of the directories for our little village.

In the process of receiving said telephone directories in the garage, a phone call came through.

It doesn't sound quite as important until I tell you that I was invited for a telephone interview over the radio. This friend of mine, who hosted a radio talk show on the AM band, needed someone to go on air and talk about their study habits as a student. Basically, she asked me to spill my guts and tell the whole world (or at least those tuned in to the show) that, "Yes, I am a nerd. I am a freak of nature for I actually like studying."

After the interview, I went to Sbarro's.

It doesn't sound quite as eventful until I tell you that I ordered
two (2) slices of Chicago deep dish pizza,
one (1) slice of white pizza,
one (1) half serving of chicken romano on spaghetti,
one (1) full serving of spinach lasagna,
two (2) extra meatballs

....oh

and one (1) serving of Cesar salad.





If you think I had this all to myself, then shame on you..

After Sbarro's, my mom bought a VCD copy of a Sharon Cuneta flick.

It doesn't sound quite as relevant until I tell you that if you saw this movie, then you would have seen me. If only for a few fleeting moments next to Ate Shawie.

Once we were done seeing the VCD at home, it was the end of the day.

It probably doesn't sound as interesting to you until you realize that you
DON'T have green pancakes for breakfast;
you DON'T have 400 phone directories in your garage;
you're NOT a super nerd (and proud of it);
you've NOT had a ton of Italian food for lunch and enjoyed it with family;
and your face is NOT next to a pop icon.

Oh well...

...there's always tomorrow to look forward to.